Ford Mustang Owners Manual: Roadside assistance
Vehicles Sold in the U.S.: Getting Roadside Assistance
To fully assist you should you have a vehicle concern, Ford Motor Company offers a complimentary roadside assistance program.
This program is separate from the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
The service is available:
• 24 hours a day, seven days a week • for the coverage period listed on the Roadside Assistance Card included in your owner’s manual portfolio.
Roadside assistance will cover:
• a flat tire change with a good spare (except vehicles that have been supplied with a tire inflation kit).
• battery jump start.
• lock-out assistance (key replacement cost is the customer’s responsibility).
• fuel delivery – Independent Service Contractors, if not prohibited by state, local or municipal law, shall deliver up to 2.0 gallons (7.5 liters) of gasoline or 5.0 gallons (18.9 liters) of diesel fuel to a disabled vehicle. Fuel delivery service is limited to two no-charge occurrences within a 12-month period.
• winch out – available within 100 feet (30.5 meters) of a paved or county maintained road, no recoveries.
• towing – Ford and Lincoln eligible vehicles towed to an authorized dealer within 35 miles (56 kilometers) of the disablement location or to the nearest authorized dealer. If a member requests to be towed to an authorized dealer more than 35 miles (56 kilometers) from the disablement location, the member shall be responsible for any mileage costs in excess of 35 miles (56 kilometers).
Trailers shall be covered up to $200 if the disabled eligible vehicle requires service at the nearest authorized dealer. If the trailer is disabled, but the towing vehicle is operational, the trailer does not qualify for any roadside services.
Vehicles Sold in the U.S.: Using Roadside Assistance
Complete the roadside assistance identification card and place it in your wallet for quick reference. This card is found in the owner’s manual portfolio in the glove compartment.
U.S. Ford vehicle customers who require Roadside Assistance, call 1-800-241-3673.
If you need to arrange roadside assistance for yourself, Ford Motor Company will reimburse a reasonable amount for towing to the nearest dealership within 35 miles (56 kilometers). To obtain reimbursement information, U.S. Ford vehicle customers call 1-800-241-3673. Customers will be asked to submit their original receipts.
Vehicles Sold in Canada: Getting Roadside Assistance
Canadian customers who require roadside assistance, call 1–800–665–2006.
Vehicles Sold in Canada: Using Roadside Assistance
For your convenience, you may complete the roadside assistance identification card found in the centerfold of this warranty guide and retain for future reference.
Canadian roadside coverage and benefits may differ from the U.S.
coverage. If you require more information, please refer to the coverage section of your warranty guide, call us in Canada at 1-800-665-2006, or visit our website at www.ford.ca.
Inspection and Verification
Principles of Operation Multifunction Wipers The front wiper/washer feature controls the speed of the front windshield wipers and the amount of washer fluid sprayed on the front windshield when requested by the customer. There are five (5) wiper ...
Instrument Panel - Center Finish Panel
Instrument Panel (Removal and Installation) Removal CAUTION: Electronic modules are sensitive to static electrical charges. If exposed to these charges, damage may result. 1. Remove the driver air bag module. For additional information, refer to Se ...
Fuel Vapor Control Tube Assembly Valve
Evaporative Emissions (Description and Operation) Component Location The evaporative emission system: is equipped with an on-board refueling vapor recovery (ORVR) system. prevents hydrocarbon emissions from reaching the atmosphere. stores f ...