Ford Mustang Service Manual: Removal
1. Remove the A/C compressor (19703). For additional information, refer to Air Conditioning (A/C) Compressor-3.8L or Air Conditioning (A/C) Compressor-4.6L in this section.
2. Remove the bolt.
1. Hold the A/C disc and hub assembly (19D786) with the special tool.
2. Remove the bolt.
3. Remove the A/C disc and hub assembly and spacer (19D648).
1. Thread an 8 x 1.25 mm (0.05 in) bolt into the A/C disc and hub assembly to force it from the compressor shaft.
2. Lift the A/C disc and hub assembly and spacer from the compressor shaft.
4. Using the special tool, remove the shaft seal felt from the nose of the A/C compressor.
5. Clean the compressor nose area.
6. Insert the tip of the special tool into one of the snap ring eyes.
7. Rotate the special tool to position the tool tip and the snap ring eye closest to the A/C compressor shaft.
8. Pull the special tool up quickly while keeping the tool shaft against the side of the nose opening and remove the snap ring.
9. Engage the special tool into the inside diameter of the shaft seal.
10. Turn the tool handle clockwise to expand the tool tip inside the shaft seal.
11. Pull the seal from the A/C compressor.
Keyless Entry (Diagnosis and Testing)
Handles, Locks, Latches And Mechanisms (Description and Operation) Lock Cylinders Individual lock cylinders are repaired by discarding the inoperative lock cylinder and building a new lock cylinder using the appropriate lock repair package. The lock r ...
Principles of Operation
Principles of Operation The anti-lock brake control module receives wheel speed readings from each anti-lock brake sensor and processes this information to determine if an ABS event is necessary. The anti-lock brake sensor electrically senses each tooth ...
Driveshaft (Description and Operation)
Driveshaft (Description and Operation) NOTE: All driveshaft assemblies are balanced. If undercoating the vehicle, protect the driveshaft to prevent overspray of any undercoating material. The driveshaft has the following features: A tubular shaft u ...