Ford Mustang Owners Manual: Personal Safety System
The Personal Safety System provides an improved overall level of frontal crash protection to front seat occupants and is designed to help further reduce the risk of airbag-related injuries. The system is able to analyze different occupant conditions and crash severity before activating the appropriate safety devices to help better protect a range of occupants in a variety of frontal crash situations.
Your vehicle’s Personal Safety System consists of:
• Driver and passenger dual-stage airbag supplemental restraints.
• Front outboard safety belts with pretensioners, energy management retractors (first row only), and safety belt usage sensors.
• Driver’s seat position sensor.
• Front passenger sensing system.
• Passenger airbag off and on indicator lamp.
• Front crash severity sensors.
• Restraints control module with impact and safing sensors.
• Restraint system warning light and backup tone.
• The electrical wiring for the airbags, crash sensor(s), safety belt pretensioners, front safety belt usage sensors, driver seat position sensor, front passenger sensing system, and indicator lights.
How Does the Personal Safety System Work?
The Personal Safety System can adapt the deployment strategy of your vehicle’s safety devices according to crash severity and occupant conditions. A collection of crash and occupant sensors provides information to the restraints control module. During a crash, the restraints control module may activate the safety belt pretensioners and/or either one or both stages of the dual-stage airbag supplemental restraints based on crash severity and occupant conditions.
Trim Panel - Quarter, Coupe
Trim Panel - Door Removal All vehicles 1. CAUTION: Use a shop towel or similar material between the tool and the front door trim panel or damage to the front door trim panel may occur. Position the window regulator switch plate (14527) aside. ...
Manual Transmission The T56 six-speed manual transmission features the following: six forward speeds and one reverse speed. forward gears are synchronized and helical cut. a reverse gear operates through a constant-mesh, fully synchronized system. a shi ...
Removal and Installation CAUTION: Suspension fasteners are critical parts because they affect performance of vital components and systems and their failure can result in major service expense. A new part with the same part number must be installed if install ...