Ford Mustang Service Manual: Lumbar Motor
Seats (Description and Operation)
Seats - Front Power
The front power seat features:
- a six-way seat regulator control switch (14A701) located on the front of the seat.
- a seat track (61705) mounted under the seat.
- a seat regulator motor (14547) and gear housing mounted on the seat track (61705).
- an optional power lumbar switch located on the outboard side of the seat (14C715).
- a manual seat backrest release handle on the outboard rear corner of the seat.
- an optional power bolster and lumbar switches located on the inboard side of the seat (Cobra only)
Seats - Power Lumbar Support
NOTE: The pump and solenoid module are serviced as an assembly with the front seat cushion frame (Cobra only). The backrest bolster/lumbar adjusting pads are serviced together and the cushion bolsters are serviced separately.
The power lumbar support system consists of:
- seat control switch (14C715)
- front seat backrest pad adjusting pump (65530)
- front seat adjusting motor drive tube (618B62)
- system wiring and circuit protection
- front seat backrest adjusting hose (65528)
- driver backrest and cushion bolster (Cobra)
- driver bolster and lumbar adjusting pad pump motor and solenoid module (Cobra)
- driver bolster and lumbar control switch (Cobra)
- driver seat cushion adjusting hose (Cobra)
Seats - Front Seat Backrest Latch
NOTE: Under no circumstances are the front seat backrest latch components to be repaired as individual components. If a front seat backrest latch (62648) or component is non-functional or damaged, a new front seat backrest latch must be installed.
A release handle on the outboard rear corner of the seat backrest is manually operated to unlock the front seat backrest latch.
The rear seat cushion pad and frame (600A88) is retained in the following manner:
- Pins are located on the bottom front of the rear seat cushion pad and frame which secure the rear seat cushion pad and frame to the front floor pan (11135).
- The pins are inserted into locking plates on the floor crossmember with a push button release.
- The bottom of the rear seatback frame is retained with screws to the front floor pan.
Note: Occasional brake noise is normal. If a metal-to-metal, continuous grinding or continuous squeal sound is present, the brake linings may be worn out. Have them inspected by an authorized dealer. If your vehicle has continuous vibration or shudder in ...
Transmission Description (Description and Operation) The 4R70W has the following features: Wide ratio gears Four speeds Rear wheel drive Automatic Electronic shift Torque converter clutch control Line pressure controls The transm ...
Deactivation Procedure WARNING: If the supplemental restraint system (SRS) is being serviced, the system must be deactivated and restraint system diagnostic tools must be installed. Refer to Air Bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) in this section. The a ...