Ford Mustang Service Manual: Intake Air Distribution and Filtering
a - Refer to the procedure
Intake Air Distribution and Filtering (DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION)
The air intake system consists of the:
- air intake scoop (Mach I)
- air cleaner (ACL).
- air cleaner (ACL) element.
- mass air flow (MAF) sensor.
- air cleaner outlet tube.
- air cleaner and duct assembly.
The air intake system:
- cleans intake air with an air cleaner element.
- measures air flow with a MAF sensor.
- Intake Air Distribution and Filtering - Supercharger, Charge Air Cooler
- Air Cleaner Outlet Pipe - 3.8L
- Air Cleaner Outlet Pipe - 4.6L (4V)
- Air Cleaner - 3.8L
- Air Cleaner - 4.6L (2V) and 4.6L (4V)
- Air Cleaner Element - 3.8L
- Air Cleaner Element - 4.6L (2V)
- Air Intake Scoop
- Air Intake Scoop Bracket
- Charge Air Cooler
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve - Mach I
Engine Emission Control (Description and Operation) CAUTION: Do not remove any part of the engine emission control system. Operating the engine without the engine emission control system will reduce fuel economy and engine ventilation. This will weaken engin ...
System Flushing - CII Power Steering Pump
Steering System (Description and Operation) The steering system has a typical rack-and-pinion design consisting of the following: Steering System Components - 3.8L Engine (CII Power Steering Pump) Steering System Components - 4.6L Engine (CIII Pow ...
Wheel Lug Nut Torque Specifications WARNING: When a wheel is installed, always remove any corrosion, dirt or foreign materials present on the mounting surfaces of the wheel or the surface of the wheel hub, brake drum or brake disc that contacts the wheel. ...