Ford Mustang Service Manual: Installation
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable (14301). For additional information, refer to Section.
2. Remove the transmission. For additional information, refer to Section.
3. Remove the air cleaner outlet tube (9B659). For additional information, refer to Section.
4. Remove the radiator sight shield (8C251).
5. Remove the manifold and tube assembly-accumulator to compressor, 4.6L. For additional information, refer to Section.
6. Remove the A/C line. For additional information, refer to Section.
7. Install the special tools.
8. Install the special tool.
9. Raise the vehicle on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Section.
10. Remove the two nuts.
11. Lower the vehicle.
12. Using the special tool, raise the engine.
13. Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
14. Remove the oil pan drain plug (6730) and drain the engine oil.
15. Using the special tool, compress the front coil springs (5310).
16. Position a safety stand.
17. Remove the four bolts.
: Do not completely remove the bolts.
Loosen the bolts.
19. Lower the front sub-frame (5C145).
20. Remove the sub-frame brace.
21. Remove the starter wiring harness nuts and position the wiring harness out of the way.
: Be careful when removing the oil pan gasket. It is reusable.
Remove the oil pan and gasket.
- Inspect the oil pan gasket for damage.
Removal CAUTION: Since the engine is not free-wheeling, timing procedures must be followed exactly or piston and valve damage can occur. 1. Remove the engine front cover. For additional information, refer to Engine Front Cover in this section. 2. Remove the ...
Engine Component View Cylinder Heads and Valve Train Components Engine Front Cover Components Engine Components Cylinder Block and Lower End Components Engine (DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING) Refer to Section for basic mecha ...
Latch - Front Seat Backrest
Seats (Description and Operation) Seats - Front Power The front power seat features: a six-way seat regulator control switch (14A701) located on the front of the seat. a seat track (61705) mounted under the seat. a seat regulator motor ( ...