Ford Mustang Service Manual: Installation
1. Raise and support the vehicle.
2. Remove the rear wheel and tire assemblies.
3. CAUTION: Remove the rear brake calipers to prevent drag during the drive pinion bearing preload adjustment.
CAUTION: Do not allow the calipers to hang from the brake hoses.
Remove the rear brake caliper and support bracket from the knuckle as an assembly. Wire the caliper and support bracket assembly out of the way.
4. CAUTION: Index-mark the driveshaft flange and rear axle pinion flange (4851) to maintain initial balance during installation.
CAUTION: The driveshaft centering socket yoke fits tightly on the rear axle pinion flange pilot. Never hammer on the driveshaft (4602) or any of its components to disconnect the yoke from the flange. Pry only in the area shown, with a suitable tool, to disconnect the yoke from the flange.
Disconnect and position the driveshaft out of the way.
5. Install an Nm (inch/pound) torque wrench on the nut and record the torque necessary to maintain rotation of the drive pinion gear through several revolutions.
6. CAUTION: After removing the nut, discard it. Use a new nut for installation.
Use the special tool to hold the rear axle pinion flange while removing the nut.
7. Index-mark the rear axle pinion flange and drive pinion gear stem to maintain initial balance during installation.
8. Using the special tool, remove the rear axle pinion flange.
Inspection and Verification 1. Verify the customer's concern by operating the climate control system to duplicate the condition. 2. Inspect to determine if one of the following mechanical or electrical concerns apply: Visual Inspection Chart Mechan ...
Driveline System Special Tool(s) Clamp Plate 205-320 (T92L-4851-C) Clutch Housing Alignment Adapter 308-021 (T75L-4201-A) Companion Flange Holding Tool 205-126 (T78P-4851-A) Companion Flange Runout Gau ...
Valve Spring Strength
Engine (Diagnosis and Testing) Special Tool(s) Commercially Available Leakdown Tester Quick Disconnect Compression Tester 134-R0212 or equivalent Dial Indicator Gauge Adapter 303-007 (TOOL-6565-AB) or equivalent Di ...