Ford Mustang Service Manual: Installation
1. Remove the rear exterior trim mouldings.
2. Remove the clips
3. Remove the 13 Torx screws and the seal compression panel.
4. Remove the staples.
5. Remove the staples from the number one bow.
6. Remove the rear rail weatherstrip retainers from each side.
7. Raise the front of the folding top assembly.
8. Remove the screw and the center elastic straps.
9. Remove the speed nut and the front elastic straps.
10. Remove the screw and the front elastic strap.
11. Remove the screw and the rear elastic straps.
12. Remove the screw and the rear elastic straps.
13. NOTE: Install new plastic roof headlining retaining pins if they were removed.
Disengage the roof headlining from the folding roof rear side rail.
14. Remove the screws from the number four bow.
15. Remove the screws from the number three bow.
16. Remove the screws from the number two bow.
17. Remove the headlining.
18. Remove the nuts retaining the well sling and convertible top tacking strips.
19. Remove screws and the three tacking strips.
20. Remove the staples.
21. NOTE: All adhesive tape must be removed from the folding roof rear side rail.
Pull the roof outside cover flaps to disengage from each folding roof rear side rail.
22. Remove the staples from the entire length of the number four bow.
23. Disengage the cable from each side.
24. Remove the cable from the cover assembly.
25. NOTE: The cable is spring-loaded. Use care not to lose the cable end during disassembly.
Disconnect the trim tension cable.
26. Remove the cover from the frame.
Rear Drive Axle and Differential The axle housing assembly consists of a cast center section with two steel tube assemblies and a stamped differential housing cover (4033). The differential housing cover uses silicone sealant as a gasket. ...
Functionality With the ignition switch in the RUN position, voltage is applied through the warning indicator I circuit 904 (LG/RD) to the voltage regulator. This turns the regulator on, allowing current to flow from battery sense A circuit 36 (YE/W ...
Inspection and Verification
Principles of Operation NOTE: Battery power and ground must be remove before disconnecting the GEM connectors to avoid setting false codes. Power Locks Operation The power locks feature allows the customer to lock and unlock the doors via momenta ...