Ford Mustang Service Manual: Generator - 4.6L 4V
Generator - 3.8L
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect the battery (10655). For additional information, refer to Section.
2. Relieve the accessory drive belt (8620) tension and remove the belt from the generator pulley.
Leave the belt in place for reinstallation. For additional information, refer to Section.
3. CAUTION: This is a new style connector that has a press-to-release tab. Pulling on the tab could result in damage to the connector or harness.
Disconnect the generator (10300).
1. Disconnect the generator electrical connectors.
2. Remove the battery positive cable nut.
4. Remove the generator.
- Remove the upper and lower generator bolts.
5. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Forward Clutch Cylinder
Transmission Description (Description and Operation) The 4R70W has the following features: Wide ratio gears Four speeds Rear wheel drive Automatic Electronic shift Torque converter clutch control Line pressure controls The transm ...
Accessory Drive Belt Idler Pulley - 3.8L
Accessory Drive (Description and Operation) Component Locations- 3.8L Component Locations-4.6L ...
Disassembly 1. CAUTION: Do not place the cylinder head (6049) flat on the bench; the valves will bend. CAUTION: Before disassembly begins, mark the valve position on the face of each valve being removed. The valves must be re-installed into the same positio ...