Ford Mustang Service Manual: Generator - 3.8L
Generator - 3.8L
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect the battery (10655). For additional information, refer to Section.
2. Relieve the accessory drive belt (8620) tension and remove the belt from the generator pulley.
Leave the belt in place for reinstallation. For additional information, refer to Section.
3. CAUTION: This is a new style connector that has a press-to-release tab. Pulling on the tab could result in damage to the connector or harness.
Disconnect the generator (10300).
1. Disconnect the generator electrical connectors.
2. Remove the battery positive cable nut.
4. Remove the generator.
- Remove the upper and lower generator bolts.
5. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Differential Pressure Feedback Exhaust Gas Recirculation
Engine Emission Control (Description and Operation) CAUTION: Do not remove any part of the engine emission control system. Operating the engine without the engine emission control system will reduce fuel economy and engine ventilation. This will weaken engin ...
Torque Converter Diagnosis
Transmission Description (Description and Operation) The 4R70W has the following features: Wide ratio gears Four speeds Rear wheel drive Automatic Electronic shift Torque converter clutch control Line pressure controls The transm ...
Inspection and Verification
Inspection and Verification 1. Verify the customer's concern by operating the active restraint system to duplicate the condition. 2. Inspect to determine if any of the following mechanical or electrical concerns apply: Visual Inspection Chart Mechanica ...