Ford Mustang Service Manual: Fuel Tank Filler Pipe
Fuel Tank And Lines (Description and Operation)
WARNING: Do not smoke, carry lighted tobacco or an open flame of any type when working on or near any fuel-related component. Highly flammable mixtures are always present and may be ignited, possibly resulting in personal injury.
The vehicle utilizes a returnless fuel system consisting of:
- the fuel tank.
- a fuel tank filler pipe which contains a restrictor plate to permit only unleaded fuel to be pumped into the fuel tank.
- a 1/8 turn fuel tank filler cap.
- a fuel filter providing filtration to protect the fuel injectors.
- a single fuel line accommodating the returnless fuel system.
- a fuel injection supply manifold which contains a differential pressure sensor and a fuel temperature sensor.
- a fuel pump and sender assembly which provides pressurized fuel to the engine and contains:
- an inlet filter.
- a check valve which maintains system pressure after the pump is shut off.
- a pressure relief valve for overpressure protection in the event of restricted flow.
The fuel pump is controlled by an electronic fuel pump driver module which is enabled by the powertrain control module (PCM). Electrical power to the fuel pump is provided through the inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch, which is located in the luggage compartment.
Fuel Tank And Lines
Refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual.
Spark Plug - Inspection
Engine (Diagnosis and Testing) Special Tool(s) Commercially Available Leakdown Tester Quick Disconnect Compression Tester 134-R0212 or equivalent Dial Indicator Gauge Adapter 303-007 (TOOL-6565-AB) or equivalent Di ...
Engine Component View Cylinder Heads and Valve Train Components Engine Front Cover Components Engine Components Cylinder Block and Lower End Components Engine (DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING) Refer to Section for basic mecha ...
ABOUT THIS MANUAL Thank you for choosing Ford. We recommend that you take some time to get to know your vehicle by reading this manual. The more that you know about it, the greater the safety and pleasure you will get from driving it. WARNING: Always dri ...