Ford Mustang Service Manual: Fuel Filter
Fuel Tank And Lines (Description and Operation)
WARNING: Do not smoke, carry lighted tobacco or an open flame of any type when working on or near any fuel-related component. Highly flammable mixtures are always present and may be ignited, possibly resulting in personal injury.
The vehicle utilizes a returnless fuel system consisting of:
- the fuel tank.
- a fuel tank filler pipe which contains a restrictor plate to permit only unleaded fuel to be pumped into the fuel tank.
- a 1/8 turn fuel tank filler cap.
- a fuel filter providing filtration to protect the fuel injectors.
- a single fuel line accommodating the returnless fuel system.
- a fuel injection supply manifold which contains a differential pressure sensor and a fuel temperature sensor.
- a fuel pump and sender assembly which provides pressurized fuel to the engine and contains:
- an inlet filter.
- a check valve which maintains system pressure after the pump is shut off.
- a pressure relief valve for overpressure protection in the event of restricted flow.
The fuel pump is controlled by an electronic fuel pump driver module which is enabled by the powertrain control module (PCM). Electrical power to the fuel pump is provided through the inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch, which is located in the luggage compartment.
Fuel Tank And Lines
Refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual.
Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) Actuator - 3.8L
Electronic Engine Controls (Description and Operation) The electronic engine controls consist of the following: powertrain control module (PCM) throttle position (TP) sensor idle air control (IAC) valve engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor ...
Disassembly 1. Inspect the clutch cylinder thrust surfaces, piston bore and clutch plate serrations for scores or burrs. Minor scores or burrs may be removed with a crocus cloth. Install a new clutch cylinder if badly scored or damaged. 2. Check fluid passa ...
Heater Core Backflushing
Engine Cooling (Description and Operation) CAUTION: Vehicle cooling systems are filled with Motorcraft Premium Gold Engine Coolant VC-7-A (in Oregon VC-7-B) or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSS-M97B51-A1 (yellow color). Always fill the cooling system ...