Ford Mustang Service Manual: Front Subframe - 4.6L (4V) Engine
|3-Bar Engine Support Kit 303-F072|
|Lifting Bracket, Engine 303-D088 (D93P-6001-A2)|
Removal and Installation
1. Remove the steering gear. For additional information, refer to Section .
2. Remove the lower control arms. For additional information, refer to Section.
Vehicles with convertible top
3. Remove the front subframe support. For additional information, refer to Subframe Support- Convertible in this section.
Vehicles with hard top
4. Remove the front subframe brace.
- Remove the bolts.
5. Lower the vehicle.
6. Install the special tool.
7. Install the special tool.
8. Raise and support the vehicle.
9. Remove the two engine mount nuts.
10. Lower the vehicle.
11. Using the special tool, raise and support the engine.
12. Raise the vehicle.
13. Support the front subframe.
14. Remove the four front subframe lower bolts.
15. Remove the four front subframe upper bolts.
16. NOTE: Two technicians are needed to carry out this step.
Lower and remove the front subframe.
17. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Switch - Traction Control
Anti-Lock Control - Traction Control (Diagnosis and Testing) Refer to Wiring Diagrams Cell 42, Anti-Lock Brake System for schematic and connector information. Special Tool(s) Worldwide Diagnostic System (WDS) 418-F224, New Generation STAR (NGS) ...
Removal 1. Disconnect the battery ground cable (14301). For additional information, refer to Section. 2. Remove the transmission. For additional information, refer to Section. 3. Remove the air cleaner outlet tube (9B659). For additional information, refer ...
Climate Control System (Diagnosis and Testing)
Climate Control System (Description and Operation) WARNING: To avoid accidental deployment and possible injury, the air bag system backup power supply must be depleted before repairing any climate control components. To deplete the backup power supply, disco ...