Ford Mustang Service Manual: Final assembly
1. Remove the differential assembly from the differential housing. For additional information, refer to Differential Case in this section.
2. CAUTION: Record the torque necessary to maintain rotation of the drive pinion gear through several revolutions prior to removing the pinion flange (4851).
Remove the pinion flange. For additional information, refer to Drive Pinion Flange and Drive Pinion Seal in this section.
3. Force the rear axle drive pinion seal metal flange up. Install gripping pliers and strike with a hammer to remove the seal.
4. Remove the rear axle drive pinion shaft oil slinger (4670).
5. Using the special tool and a soft-faced hammer, drive the pinion assembly out of the outer differential pinion bearing (4621) and remove the drive pinion through the rear of the differential housing (4010).
6. Remove the outer differential pinion bearing.
7. Remove and discard the collapsible spacer (4662).
8. Using the special tool and a suitable press, remove the inner differential pinion bearing (4630).
9. NOTE: Do not remove the pinion bearing cups from the differential housing unless the cups are damaged.
To remove the bearing cups, tap alternately (with a brass drift of suitable length) on opposite sides of the cup to prevent the cup from cocking in the casting.
Principles of Operation
Principles of Operation The vehicle has two module communications networks. The standard corporate protocol (SCP) which is an unshielded twisted pair cable (data bus plus, Circuit 914 [TN/OG] and data bus minus, Circuit 915 [PK/LB]), and the internation ...
Engine and Radiator Flushing
Engine Cooling (Description and Operation) CAUTION: Vehicle cooling systems are filled with Motorcraft Premium Gold Engine Coolant VC-7-A (in Oregon VC-7-B) or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSS-M97B51-A1 (yellow color). Always fill the cooling system ...
Removal 1. Remove the A/C compressor (19703). For additional information, refer to Air Conditioning (A/C) Compressor-3.8L or Air Conditioning (A/C) Compressor-4.6L in this section. 2. Remove the bolt. 1. Hold the A/C disc and hub assembly (19D786) with the ...