Ford Mustang Service Manual: Engine - 3.8L
a - 20-200 seconds to leakdown 3.18 mm (0.125 in) with 225 Newtons (50 pounds) load and tappet filled with leak-down fluid.
a - Refer to the procedure in this section
b - Advance one-half turn after gasket contacts the sealing surface.
Engine (DESCRIPTION AND OPERATION)
The 3.8L engine has:
- a V-block with six cylinders and splayed crankpins.
- a distributorless ignition system.
- a multiport, sequential fuel injection (SFI) system.
- overhead valves.
- hydraulic valve tappets for automatic lash adjustment.
- connecting rod parting faces that are unique with an interference fit.
- an engine dynamic balance shaft.
- Engine Component View
- Upper Intake Manifold
- Lower Intake Manifold
- Valve Cover - LH
- Valve Cover RH
- Crankshaft Pulley
- Crankshaft Front Seal
- Engine Front Cover
- Rocker Arm
- Push Rod
- Valve Springs
- Valve Tappets
- Engine Dynamic Balance Shaft
- Timing Chain
- Exhaust Manifold - LH
- Exhaust Manifold RH
- Cylinder Head LH
- Cylinder Head RH
- Oil Level Indicator and Tube
- Oil Pan
- Oil Pan Baffle
- Oil Pump Screen and Pickup Tube
- Crankshaft Rear Seal
- Engine Support Insulators
- Engine (Removal)
- Engine (Disassembly)
- Cylinder Head
- Engine (Assembly)
- Engine (Installation)
Safety Belt Maintenance
Safety Belt System (Description and Operation) WARNING: All safety belt assemblies include retractors, buckles, front seat belt buckle support assemblies (slide bar, if so equipped), shoulder belt height adjuster (if equipped), child safety seat tether brack ...
GENERAL MAINTENANCE INFORMATION Why Maintain Your Vehicle? Carefully following the maintenance schedule helps protect against major repair expenses resulting from neglect or inadequate maintenance and may help to increase the value of your vehicle when y ...
Supercharger Bypass Vacuum Solenoid - Actuator
Electronic Engine Controls (Description and Operation) The electronic engine controls consist of the following: powertrain control module (PCM) throttle position (TP) sensor idle air control (IAC) valve engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor ...