Ford Mustang Owners Manual: Appendices
SYNC® End User License Agreement (EULA)
• You have acquired a device (“DEVICE”) that includes software licensed by FORD MOTOR COMPANY from an affiliate of Microsoft Corporation (“MS”). Those installed software products of MS origin, as well as associated media, printed materials, and “online” or electronic documentation (“MS SOFTWARE”) are protected by international intellectual property laws and treaties. The MS SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold. All rights reserved.
• The MS SOFTWARE may interface with and/or communicate with, or may be later upgraded to interface with and/or communicate with additional software and/or systems provided by FORD MOTOR COMPANY. The additional software and systems of FORD MOTOR COMPANY origin, as well as associated media, printed materials, and “online” or electronic documentation (“FORD SOFTWARE”) are protected by international intellectual property laws and treaties.
The FORD SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold. All rights reserved.
• The MS SOFTWARE and/or FORD SOFTWARE may interface with and/or communicate with, or may be later upgraded to interface with and/or communicate with additional software and/or systems provided by third party software and service suppliers. The additional software and services of third party origin, as well as associated media, printed materials, and “online” or electronic documentation (“THRID PARTY SOFTWARE”) are protected by international intellectual property laws and treaties. The THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold.
All rights reserved.
• The MS SOFTWARE, FORD SOFTWARE and THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE hereinafter collectively and individually will be referred to as SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (“EULA”), DO NOT USE THE DEVICE OR COPY THE SOFTWARE. ANY USE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO USE ON THE DEVICE, WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS EULA (OR RATIFICATION OF ANY PREVIOUS CONSENT).
GRANT OF SOFTWARE LICENSE:
This EULA grants you the following license: • You may use the SOFTWARE as installed on the DEVICE and as otherwise interfacing with systems and/or services provide by or through FORD MOTOR COMPANY or its third party software and service providers.
DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS:
• Speech Recognition: If the SOFTWARE includes speech recognition component(s), you should understand that speech recognition is an inherently statistical process and that recognition errors are inherent in the process. Neither FORD MOTOR COMPANY nor its suppliers shall be liable for any damages arising out of errors in the speech recognition process.
• Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation and Disassembly: You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble nor permit others to reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
• Limitations on Distributing, Copying, Modifying and Creating Derivative Works: You may not distribute, copy, make modifications to or create derivative works based on the SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
• Single EULA: The end user documentation for the DEVICE and related systems and services may contain multiple EULAs, such as multiple translations and/or multiple media versions (e.g., in the user documentation and in the software). Even if you receive multiple EULAs, you are licensed to use only one (1) copy of the SOFTWARE.
• SOFTWARE Transfer: You may permanently transfer your rights under this EULA only as part of a sale or transfer of the DEVICE, provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the SOFTWARE (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, and, if applicable, the Certificate(s) of Authenticity), and the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. If the SOFTWARE is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the SOFTWARE.
• Termination: Without prejudice to any other rights, FORD MOTOR COMPANY or MS may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA.
• Security Updates/Digital Rights Management: Content owners use the WMDRM technology included in your DEVICE to protect their intellectual property, included copyrighted content. Portions of the SOFTWARE on your DEVICE use WMDRM software to access WMDRM-protected content. If the WMDRM software fails to protect the content, content owners may ask Microsoft to revoke the SOFTWARE’s ability to use WMDRM to play or copy protected content. This action does not affect unprotected content. When your DEVICE downloads licenses for protected content, you agree that Microsoft may include a revocation list with the licenses. Content owners may require you to upgrade the SOFTWARE on your DEVICE to access their content. If you decline an upgrade, you will not be able to access content that requires the upgrade.
• Consent to Use of Data: You agree that MS, Microsoft Corporation, FORD MOTOR COMPANY, third party software and systems suppliers, their affiliates and/or their designated agent may collect and use technical information gathered in any manner as part of product support services related to the SOFTWARE or related services. MS, Microsoft Corporation, FORD MOTOR COMPANY, third party software and services suppliers, their affiliates and/or their designated agent may use this information solely to improve their products or to provide customized services or technologies to you. MS, Microsoft Corporation, FORD MOTOR COMPANY, third party software and systems suppliers, their affiliates and/or their designated agent may disclose this information to others, but not in a form that personally identifies you.
• Internet-Based Services Components: The SOFTWARE may contain components that enable and facilitate the use of certain Internet-based services. You acknowledge and agree that MS, Microsoft Corporation, FORD MOTOR COMPANY, third party software and service suppliers, their affiliates and/or their designated agent may automatically check the version of the SOFTWARE and/or its components that you are utilizing and may provide upgrades or supplements to the SOFTWARE that may be automatically downloaded to your DEVICE.
• Additional Software/Services: The SOFTWARE may permit FORD MOTOR COMPANY, third party software and service suppliers, MS, Microsoft Corporation, their affiliates and/or their designated agent to provide or make available to you SOFTWARE updates, supplements, add-on components, or Internet-based services components of the SOFTWARE after the date you obtain your initial copy of the SOFTWARE (“Supplemental Components”).
If FORD MOTOR COMPANY or third party software and services suppliers provide or make available to you Supplemental Components and no other EULA terms are provided along with the Supplemental Components, then the terms of this EULA shall apply.
If MS, Microsoft Corporation, their affiliates and/or their designated agent make available Supplemental Components, and no other EULA terms are provided, then the terms of this EULA shall apply, except that the MS, Microsoft Corporation or affiliate entity providing the Supplemental Component(s) shall be the licensor of the Supplemental Component(s).
FORD MOTOR COMPANY, MS, Microsoft Corporation, their affiliates and/or their designated agent reserve the right to discontinue without liability any Internet-based services provided to you or made available to you through the use of the SOFTWARE.
• Links to Third Party Sites: The MS SOFTWARE may provide you with the ability to link to third party sites through the use of the SOFTWARE. The third party sites are not under the control of MS, Microsoft Corporation, their affiliates and/or their designated agent.
Neither MS nor Microsoft Corporation nor their affiliates nor their designated agent are responsible for (i) the contents of any third party sites, any links contained in third party sites, or any changes or updates to third party sites, or (ii) webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any third party sites. If the SOFTWARE provides links to third party sites, those links are provided to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply an endorsement of the third party site by MS, Microsoft Corporation, their affiliates and/or their designated agent.
• Obligation to Drive Responsibly: You recognize your obligation to drive responsibly and keep attention on the road. You will read and abide with the DEVICE operating instructions particularly as they pertain to safety and assumes any risk associated with the use of the DEVICE.
UPGRADES AND RECOVERY MEDIA: If the SOFTWARE is provided by FORD MOTOR COMPANY separate from the DEVICE on media such as a ROM chip, CD ROM disk(s) or via web download or other means, and is labeled “For Upgrade Purposes Only” or For Recovery Purposes Only you may install one (1) copy of such SOFTWARE onto the DEVICE as a replacement copy for the existing SOFTWARE, and use it in accordance with this EULA, including any additional EULA terms accompanying the upgrade SOFTWARE.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: All title and intellectual property rights in and to the SOFTWARE (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text and “applets,” incorporated into the SOFTWARE), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE, are owned by MS, Microsoft Corporation, FORD MOTOR COMPANY, or their affiliates or suppliers. The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold. You may not copy the printed materials accompanying the SOFTWARE. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be accessed through use of the SOFTWARE is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. This EULA grants you no rights to use such content.
EXPORT RESTRICTIONS: You acknowledge that the SOFTWARE is subject to U.S. and European Union export jurisdiction. You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the SOFTWARE, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by U.S. and other governments. For additional information, see http://www.microsoft.com/exporting/.
TRADEMARKS: This EULA does not grant you any rights in connection with any trademarks or service marks of FORD MOTOR COMPANY, MS, Microsoft Corporation, third party software or service providers, their affiliates or suppliers.
PRODUCT SUPPORT: Product support for the SOFTWARE is not provided by MS, its parent corporation Microsoft Corporation, or their affiliates or subsidiaries. For product support, please refer to FORD MOTOR COMPANY instructions provided in the documentation for the DEVICE. Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact FORD MOTOR COMPANY for any other reason, please refer to the address provided in the documentation for the DEVICE.
No Liability for Certain Damages: EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, FORD MOTOR COMPANY, ANY THRID PARTY SOFTWARE OR SERVICES SUPPLIERS, MS, MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND THEIR AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL MS, MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR THEIR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF U.S. TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS (U.S.$250.00).
• THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE THAT MAY EXPRESSLY BE PROVIDED FOR YOUR NEW VEHICLE.
End user notice
Microsoft® Windows® Mobile for Automotive Important Safety Information
This system Ford SYNC™ contains software that is licensed to Manufacturer FORD MOTOR COMPANY by an affiliate of Microsoft Corporation pursuant to a license agreement. Any removal, reproduction, reverse engineering or other unauthorized use of the software from this system in violation of the license agreement is strictly prohibited and may subject you to legal action.
Read and follow instructions
Before using your Windows Automotive-based system, read and follow all instructions and safety information provided in this end user manual (“User’s Guide”). Not following precautions found in this User’s Guide can lead to an accident or other serious consequences.
Keep User’s Guide in Vehicle
When kept in the vehicle, the User’s Guide will be a ready reference for you and other users unfamiliar with the Windows Automotive-based system. Please make certain that before using the system for the first time, all persons have access to the User’s Guide and read its instructions and safety information carefully.
: Operating certain parts of this system while driving can distract your attention away from the road, and possibly cause an accident or other serious consequences. Do not change system settings or enter data non-verbally (using your hands) while driving. Stop the vehicle in a safe and legal manner before attempting these operations. This is important since while setting up or changing some functions you might be required to distract your attention away from the road and remove your hands from the wheel.
Voice Command Control
Functions within the Windows Automotive-based system may be accomplished using only voice commands. Using voice commands while driving allows you to operate the system without removing your hands from the wheel.
Prolonged Views of Screen
Do not access any function requiring a prolonged view of the screen while you are driving. Pull over in a safe and legal manner before attempting to access a function of the system requiring prolonged attention. Even occasional short scans to the screen may be hazardous if your attention has been diverted away from your driving task at a critical time.
Do not raise the volume excessively. Keep the volume at a level where you can still hear outside traffic and emergency signals while driving.
Driving while unable to hear these sounds could cause an accident.
Use of Speech Recognition Functions
Speech recognition software is inherently a statistical process which is subject to errors. It is your responsibility to monitor any speech recognition functions included in the system and address any errors.
Any navigation features included in the system are intended to provide turn by turn instructions to get you to a desired destination. Please make certain all persons using this system carefully read and follow instructions and safety information fully.
Any navigation features may require manual (non-verbal) setup.
Attempting to perform such set-up or insert data while driving can seriously distract your attention and could cause an accident or other serious consequences. Stop the vehicle in a safe and legal manner before attempting these operations.
Let Your Judgment Prevail
Any navigation features are provided only as an aid. Make your driving decisions based on your observations of local conditions and existing traffic regulations. Any such feature is not a substitute for your personal judgment. Any route suggestions made by this system should never replace any local traffic regulations or your personal judgment or knowledge of safe driving practices.
Do not follow the route suggestions if doing so would result in an unsafe or illegal maneuver, if you would be placed in an unsafe situation, or if you would be directed into an area that you consider unsafe. The driver is ultimately responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle and therefore, must evaluate whether it is safe to follow the suggested directions.
Potential Map Inaccuracy
Maps used by this system may be inaccurate because of changes in roads, traffic controls or driving conditions. Always use good judgment and common sense when following the suggested routes.
Do not rely on any navigation features included in the system to route you to emergency services. Ask local authorities or an emergency services operator for these locations. Not all emergency services such as police, fire stations, hospitals and clinics are likely to be contained in the map database for such navigation features.
Map Data DVD End User License Terms
The data (“Data”) is provided for your personal, internal use only and not for resale. It is protected by copyright, and is subject to the following terms and conditions which are agreed to by you, on the one hand, and (Licensee). (“Licensee”) and its licensors (including their licensors and suppliers) on the other hand. Such licensors include NAVTEQ North America, LLC. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that NAVTEQ North America, LLC shall have the right to enforce these Terms directly against you. 2013 NAVTEQ. All rights reserved. The Data for areas of Canada includes information taken with permission from Canadian authorities, including: Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, Queen’s Printer for Ontario, Canada Post Corporation, Geobase ®.
Terms and Conditions
Personal use only: You agree to use this Data together with your FLM navigation system for solely personal, non commercial purposes for which you were licensed, and not for service bureau, time-sharing or other similar purposes. Accordingly, but subject to the restrictions set forth in the following paragraphs, you may copy this Data only as necessary for your personal use to (i) view it, and (ii) save it, provided that you do not remove any copyright notices that appear and do not modify the Data in any way. You agree not to otherwise reproduce copy, modify, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of this Data, and may not transfer or distribute it in any form, for any purpose, except to the extent permitted by mandatory laws.
Restrictions: Except where you have been specifically licensed to do so by (Licensee), and without limiting the preceding paragraph, you may not (a) use this Data with any products, systems, or applications installed or otherwise connected to or in communication with vehicles, capable of vehicle navigation, positioning, dispatch, real time route guidance, fleet management or similar applications; or (b) with or in communication with any positioning devices or any mobile or wireless-connected electronic or computer devices, including without limitation cellular phones, palmtop and handheld computers, pagers, and personal digital assistants or PDAs.
No warranty: This Data is provided to you “as is,” and you agree to use it at your own risk. (Licensee) and its licensors (and their licensors and suppliers) make no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, arising by law or otherwise, including but not limited to, content, quality, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose, usefulness, use or results to be obtained from this Data, or that the Data or server will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Disclaimer of warranty:(Licensee) and its licensors (including their licensors and suppliers) disclaim any warranties, express or implied, of quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non infringement. Some States, Territories and Countries do not allow certain warranty exclusions, so to that extent the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Disclaimer of liability: (Licensee) and its licensors (including their licensors and suppliers) shall not be liable to you: in respect of any claim, demand or action, irrespective of the nature of the cause of the claim, demand or action alleging any loss, injury or damages, direct or indirect, which may result from the use or possession of the information; or for any loss of profit, revenue, contracts or savings, or any other direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of your use of or inability to use this information, any defect in the information, or the breach of these terms or conditions, whether in an action in contract or tort or based on a warranty, even if (Licensee) or its licensors have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some States, Territories and Countries do not allow certain liability exclusions or damages limitations, so to that extent the above may not apply to you.
Export control: You agree not to export from anywhere any part of the Data provided to you or any direct product thereof except in compliance with, and with all licenses and approvals required under, applicable export laws, rules and regulations.
Termination for Breach or Bankruptcy: (Licensee) and its licensors, including NAVTEQ, may terminate this Agreement if you breach any of its terms. Upon any such termination, you shall immediately cease your use of the Data and return all copies thereof to LICENSEE or NAVTEQ, as instructed. (Licensee) and its licensors also may terminate this Agreement in the event that you (i) fail to pay license fees due for the Data, or (ii) if any of the following events occur affecting you: (a) voluntary bankruptcy or application for bankruptcy; (b) involuntary bankruptcy or application for bankruptcy not discharged within sixty (60) days; (c) appointment of receiver for all or a portion of your assets; or (d) any assignment for the benefit of creditors.
Entire agreement: These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between (Licensee) (and its licensors, including their licensors and suppliers) and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes in their entirety any and all written or oral agreements previously existing between us with respect to such subject matter.
Governing law: The above terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Illinois, without giving effect to (i) its conflict of laws provisions, or (ii) the United Nations Convention for Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, which is explicitly excluded. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of Illinois for any and all disputes, claims and actions arising from or in connection with the Data provided to you hereunder.
Changes or modifications not approved by Ford could void user’s authority to operate the equipment. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits with the Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
CD and music — related data from Gracenote, Inc., copyright 2000–2007 Gracenote. Gracenote Software, copyright 2000–2007 Gracenote. This product and service may practice one or more of the following U.S. Patents #5,987,525; #6,061,680; #6,154,773, #6,161,132, #6,230,192, #6,230,207, #6,240,459, #6,330,593, and other patents issued or pending. Some services supplied under license from Open Globe, Inc.
for U.S. Patent: #6,304,523.
Gracenote and CDDB are registered trademarks of Gracenote. The Gracenote logo and logotype, and the Powered by Gracenote™ logo are trademarks of Gracenote.
Gracenote® End User License Agreement (EULA)
This device contains software from Gracenote, Inc. of 2000 Powell Street Emeryville, California 94608 (“Gracenote”).
The software from Gracenote (the “Gracenote Software”) enables this device to do disc and music file identification and obtain music-related information, including name, artist, track, and title information (“Gracenote Data”) from online servers (“Gracenote Servers”), and to perform other functions. You may use Gracenote Data only by means of the intended End User functions of this device This device may contain content belonging to Gracenote’s providers.
If so, all of the restrictions set forth herein with respect to Gracenote Data shall also apply to such content and such content providers shall be entitled to all of the benefits and protections set forth herein that are available to Gracenote.
You agree that you will use the content from Gracenote (“Gracenote Content”), Gracenote Data, the Gracenote Software, and Gracenote Servers for your own personal, non-commercial use only. You agree not to assign, copy, transfer or transmit the Gracenote Content, Gracenote Software or any Gracenote Data (except in a Tag associated with a music file) to any third party. YOU AGREE NOT TO USE OR EXPLOIT GRACENOTE CONTENT, GRACENOTE DATA, THE GRACENOTE SOFTWARE, OR GRACENOTE SERVERS, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED HEREIN.
You agree that your non-exclusive licenses to use the Gracenote Content, Gracenote Data, the Gracenote Software, and Gracenote Servers will terminate if you violate these restrictions. If your licenses terminate, you agree to cease any and all use of the Gracenote Content, Gracenote Data, the Gracenote Software, and Gracenote Servers. Gracenote, respectively, reserve all rights in Gracenote Data, the Gracenote Software, and the Gracenote Servers and Gracenote Content, including all ownership rights.
Under no circumstances will either Gracenote become liable for any payment to you for any information that you provide, including any copyrighted material or music file information. You agree that Gracenote may enforce its respective rights, collectively or separately, under this agreement against you, directly in each company’s own name.
THE GRACENOTE SOFTWARE, EACH ITEM OF GRACENOTE DATA AND THE GRACENOTE CONTENT ARE LICENSED TO YOU “AS IS.” NEITHER GRACENOTE MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE ACCURACY OF ANY GRACENOTE DATA FROM THE GRACENOTE SERVERS OR GRACENOTE CONTENT. GRACENOTE COLLECTIVELY AND SEPARATELY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DELETE DATA AND/OR CONTENT FROM THE COMPANIES’ RESPECTIVE SERVERS OR, IN THE CASE OF GRACENOTE, CHANGE DATA CATEGORIES FOR ANY CAUSE THAT GRACENOTE DEEMS SUFFICIENT. NO WARRANTY IS MADE THAT EITHER GRACENOTE CONTENT OR THE GRACENOTE SOFTWARE OR GRACENOTE SERVERS ARE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE FUNCTIONING OF THE GRACENOTE SOFTWARE OR GRACENOTE SERVERS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. GRACENOTE IS NOT OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ANY ENHANCED OR ADDITIONAL DATA TYPES THAT GRACENOTE MAY CHOOSE TO PROVIDE IN THE FUTURE AND IS FREE TO DISCONTINUE ITS ONLINE SERVICES AT ANY TIME. GRACENOTE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER GRACENOTE WARRANTS THE RESULTS THAT WILL BE OBTAINED BY YOUR USE OF THE GRACENOTE SOFTWARE OR ANY GRACENOTE SERVER. IN NO CASE WILL GRACENOTE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST REVENUES FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER.
General Specifications a - Use the same type coolant that was drained from the cooling system. Do not mix coolant types. b - The addition of Motorcraft Cooling System Stop Leak Pellets, VC-6, darkens Motorcraft Premium Gold Engine Coolant from yell ...
Removal WARNING: Always wear safety glasses when repairing an air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) vehicle and when handling an air bag module. This will reduce the risk of injury in the event of an accidental deployment. WARNING: Carry a ...
Traction-Lok™ Axle (If Equipped) This axle provides added traction on slippery surfaces, particularly when one wheel is on a poor traction surface. Under normal conditions, the Traction-Lok™ axle functions like a standard rear axle. Extended use of other ...